About this guide
Hi, I am Felix Geisendörfer, an early node.js core contributor and co-founder of transloadit.com.
Over the past few months I have given a lot of talks and done a lot of consulting on using node.js.
Since I found myself repeating a lot of things over and over, I decided to use some of my recent vacation to start this opinionated and unofficial guide to help people getting started in node.js.
- Node.js Beginner Guide
- If you are new to node.js, this guide will take you from hello world to deploying your first app.
- Node.js Style Guide
- Node.js Community Guide
- Get to know some of the node.js community and find out where they hang out.
- Node.js Convincing The Boss Guide
- Find out where node.js makes sense, and how to get management to see the benefits.
More guides are in the works. Feel free to follow the GitHub repository, or have a look at this list of upcoming guides:
- Node.js Package Guide
- Learn how to create your own node.js packages and publish them on npm.
- Node.js Object Oriented Programming Guide
- My approach to object oriented programming with node.js.
- Node.js Test Driven Development Guide
- A beginners guide to test driven development with node.js.
If you come across some incorrect information, please open an issue in the issue tracker.
I have not decided on a license for this yet. So if you're interested in re-publishing this content in one way or another, please send me an .